Who is the programme aimed at?
The SDET Academy is bespoke to DVLA. It has been designed to introduce new entrants to a career as a Software Test Engineer. The programme is aimed at individuals with an aptitude to learn and a keen passion for technology and testing.
What is the development programme?
The SDET development programme is a 2-year programme where you’ll:
- gain and develop software testing skills whilst benefitting from the experience and knowledge of our ITS staff
- work towards a number of industry recognised certifications
- secure the knowledge and skills for a long-term career in cloud engineering
- gain further academic training and qualifications
The programme kicks off with an intense 12-week boot camp.
DVLA Career path
The SDET development programme offers a structured career path that supports your growth as an SDET as you learn more and gain experience.
With on-the-job learning, mentoring, industry recognised training and certification, and experience, Junior SDETs will have the tools to progress to Principal Engineer throughout their career.
We are looking for people who:
- have an interest in IT
- are committed to the development programme
- have enthusiasm to learn
- enjoy working with others and being part of a team
- are going to make the most of the time spent with us
There are no formal entry requirements.
This programme is the first of its kind and has been developed to build the modern skills needed, in a modern software development function.