Who is the programme aimed at?
Our Level 7 Programme is aimed at recruiting graduates of Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) degrees, training them to become Junior Software Engineers.
What is the development programme?
- New two-year Masters level Degree Course, designed with the University of Wales Trinity St David
- Graduate level programmes which take students from all STEM disciplines, giving them the opportunity to further enhance their skills in Computer Science, or to convert their qualification, allowing non-CS graduates to enter into the IT profession.
- Modules customised to reflect the ways of working and coding techniques adopted at DVLA
- Academic learning supplemented with in-house context learning and work placements
- You will be assigned a personal mentor to help you through your time on the programme
- You’ll have the chance to gain experience working on some of the most important digital services within government, putting into practice your learning in a real world environment
Individuals on the programme will obtain a MSc in Software Engineering, undertaking the following modules:
- Programming & Software Testing
- Agile Software Engineering Principles
- Database Systems
- Object Orientated Programming
- Web Development
- Major Research Project
DVLA Career path
The ITS Level 7 MSc Programme offers a structured career path that supports your growth as you learn more and gain experience.
With on-the-job learning, mentoring and experience, you will be able to progress from Junior Software Engineers all the way up to Lead Software Engineers!
We look for people who:
- Have an interest in IT
- Are committed to the development programme
- Have an enthusiasm to learn
- Enjoy working with others and being part of a team
- Are going to make the most of the time you spend with us
- You don’t need to have IT experience
You must have:
- Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) degree
Success to date:
To date, 31 individuals have joined this programme over two cohorts with all 19 on the original programme gaining their MSc.
The programme has seen a number of individuals gain full time roles on completion, with many going on to gain future promotion. We are currently starting our second year of cohort 2, working on developing a new set of MSc projects.