Who is the programme aimed at?
The programme is aimed at individuals who are keen to develop their skills in IT but who don’t necessarily have a technical background or experience.
It is also suited to graduates in non-STEM disciplines, or to individuals who have some experience working within the IT sector in a functional role.
What is the development programme?
The development programme is a 2-year programme where you’ll:
- achieve an industry recognised qualification, the British Computer Society (BCS) International Diploma is Business Analysis
- undertake on-the-job training to obtain formal qualifications
- combine classroom training with hands on experience
- use modern development environments, tools and latest cutting-edge technologies
DVLA Career path
The ITS Business Analysis development plan offers a structured career path that supports your growth as a business analyst as you learn more and gain experience. With on-the-job learning, mentoring, industry recognised training and certification, and experience, business analysts are able to progress from Junior BA all the way up to Lead BA.
“Every one of the BAs in the department are incredibly supportive and really want to help us succeed. My peers on the development programme are great too, everyone shares ideas, what’s worked and what’s not and pushes each other to do well.” – Josh Davies, Junior Business Analyst (2020 programme)
We are looking for people who:
- have an interest in IT
- pay attention to detail
- have good organisational skills, stay calm under pressure
- prioritise when you have many different things to do
- are committed to the development programme and have enthusiasm to learn
- enjoy working with others and being part of a team
- are going to make the most of the time spent with us
There are no formal entry requirements.
Success to date
The BA programme has built a high degree of skills in a very short period with those on the programme in high demand at DVLA and across government.