Digital Editor x 2
12-month FTC / Secondment
London Office Base with Hybrid Working
There may be the possibility of extension or a future permanent contract.
Please speak to the recruiter if you would like to know more.
“MaPS (Money and Pensions Service) – a leader in financial wellbeing, have 2 urgent 12 month contracts for Digital Editors to join their growing content team. You will be working for the money guidance area of the service, helping UK consumers find a way forward to manage their money in uncertain times or when they’re facing major life events, supporting them to become more financially capable and confident about their situation.
If you are a passionate writer with a natural flair for a journalistic style of writing, this team could offer you the chance to articulate complex material that will help and assist our customers.
The UK is currently in a turbulent and everchanging financial landscape; cost of living, welfare and benefits demand and consumer borrowing is on the increase. Come and help the UK navigate this tricky journey ahead.”
Our Digital Editors will contribute to the wider work of the MaPS Digital Content Team, working as part of the project team set up to deliver the consumer guidance transformation programme, creating content for multiple digital channels, including our MoneyHelper website.
As the Digital Editor, you will be responsible for the following:
• Crafting compelling copy across multi-channels in an authentic voice that resonates with our target audience, driving actions, engagement, link-sharing and click-through to ultimately change customer behaviour towards increased financial capability and confidence.
• Work effectively with colleagues and Strategy partners, stakeholders, project teams and advocates to plan activities and develop content to ensure high levels of support, engagement and action from target audiences.
• Contribute towards supporting appropriate social media opportunities such as on-line discussion forums, blogs and establishing conversations for the organisation that progress the aims of the service strategy.
• Keep up to date with the latest developments in financial capability and money management and sharing knowledge with wider teams to improve consumer guidance.
• Work with other digital team members such as UX / UI and product teams to ensure that the website design and operation reflects the brand and ensuring that all tools, design activity and templates meet usability testing and relevant brand standards.
It is essential for our Digital Editors to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Can demonstrate an excellent journalistic style of writing, strong editorial judgment and the ability to convey a complex message in a concise way across all digital platforms.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• Have an appreciation of different community behaviours and points of interest across digital platforms and ability to monitor and identify hot button issues and suggest and implement tactical solutions.
• A deep understanding of content design and customer journey mapping principles.
• Solid experience of web technologies, current trends and web standards.
• Experience of Search engine optimisation (SEO), Google analytics/AEM analytics and social media monitoring tools.
• Strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy at all times and proven ability to search optimise own and others’ copy.
• An understanding of financial capability and the part it plays in improving people’s ability to manage their money day to day and in the long term.
• Good knowledge of financial topics, how they affect consumers and an alertness to broader issues in the media and political arena that might have financial implications for consumers.