Be the first to hear when we’re recruiting!
We don’t have any current vacancies at the moment, but you can sign up for Job Alerts on Civil Service Jobs to be the first to know when we’re next recruiting.
The Customer Service Centre at DVSA
Thank you for visiting the Customer Service Centre page.
We are delighted you are considering joining us here at DVSA. We are proud to play a vital role in making Great Britain’s roads among the safest in the world and you can help.
Our Customer Service Centres deal with a wide variety of topics and customers, and we pride ourselves in delivering a quality service to all of our customers.
Being a Customer Service Centre Agent will contribute to keeping millions of people safe on our roads. You can help support DVSA’s vision – safer drivers, safer vehicles and safer journeys for all.
Where our teams are based
The Lightbox, Quorum Park, Newcastle upon Tyne NE12 8EU
Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8am to 6pm
Facilities include: Food & Drink, Gym & Sports Clubs, Nursery, EV Chargers, Bike Hub and Pool Bikes.
Discover our transport links and more information about Quorum Park here
Ellipse, Padley Road, Swansea SA1 8AN
Office hours: Monday – Friday 7.30am to 6pm
Situated directly on the waterfront, the office is a short walk from local restaurants and bars as well as popular supermarkets, coffee shops and food chains.
Ample Pay and Display parking is available in the area as well as Park and Ride facilities.
About the Job
As a Customer Service Centre Agent, you will play an important role in helping improve road safety, environmental standards and reducing vehicle crime. We are looking for people who can give high-quality support and guidance to our range of customers.
In this role, you may be asked to do such activities as:
- Handling inbound customer contact consisting of telephone calls and e-mail
- Delivering a consistent and productive service to both internal and external customers
- Promoting DVSA’s digital services
- Using information resources to support customer service
- Working effectively as part of a team, participating in team meetings and contributing towards staff engagement plan
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across all functions of DVSA to create a high-performing and well-respected Agency.
- Work across internal departments to ensure customer needs are met
- Supporting the department by contributing towards the staff engagement plan.
This role is perfect for people who have:
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to handle challenging enquiries
- Basic computer literacy skills e.g. keyboard, word processing skills and Microsoft applications
- Experience in a customer-facing environment
Chloe, Team Training
“I undertook all training opportunities available to me which resulted in me being a multi-skilled agent…There are many career and training opportunities throughout the organisation which include job shadowing, coaching and mentoring.”
Benefits We Offer
DVSA is an inspiring organisation that provides you with excellent opportunities to develop and acquire numerous skills through training for continued personal development, including working towards professional qualifications.
We provide an open, flexible and supportive work environment and understand the commitments our employees have, both inside and outside of the office. Our aim is to provide you with a place of work which allows you the flexibility you require to maintain a great work/life balance.
We employ around 5,000 full-time and part-time staff within the DVSA. Keeping our employees happy and healthy is a priority of ours and there are many benefits and rewards on offer.
Click the headings below for more details:
Pay and Benefits
- a competitive salary with a special performance bonus scheme
- excellent pension scheme options
- access to a range of retail discounts
- 25 days of annual leave (excluding bank holidays), increasing by one day each year up to 30 days pro rata
- parental leave – employees are entitled to 26 weeks of maternity, adoption or shared parental leave on full pay followed by 13 weeks at statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid; parents can share any remaining balance of maternity leave or adoption leave as shared parental leave up to a maximum of 50 weeks; and individuals are entitled to 2 weeks of paternity leave or partner support leave on full pay
- paid special leave
We encourage a work-life balance and offer flexible working hours to our full-time and part-time staff (subject to business needs). Our opening hours are 7.30am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Learning and Development
We promote a learning culture and provide opportunities to all staff to learn new skills and develop. We encourage:
- 5 days of learning a year
- online learning through Civil Service Learning
- classroom training courses
- we offer fully funded NVQ and Apprenticeship courses in partnership with a local college (Swansea only)
Health and Wellbeing
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential help and advice on personal or work-related issues
- occupational health service
- free eyesight tests and glasses (where this applies to the role)
- cycle to work scheme to help purchase a bicycle for use between home and the office
Diversity and Inclusion
We are an equal opportunities employer and are proud to have a diverse workforce.
We offer a range of staff network groups to support colleagues from BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) and LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) communities, as well as groups which support staff with disabilities, a carers network and a women’s integrated network.
Our recruitment process
We are really pleased that you are considering applying for a role with us!
Applications for this role will need to be submitted through the Civil Service Jobs website when we are actively recruiting. We recommend signing up for Civil Service Jobs Alerts and following the DfT Careers Facebook and Twitter social media channels to be the first to find out when we’re recruiting next.
We know that applying for a job can be overwhelming. Our goal is to take some of those stresses away by providing useful information and advice to take with you throughout the application process.
DVSA aim to make the way we recruit as open and accessible as possible, for everyone. We recruit using Success Profiles. This allows us to make sure how we hire is fair and inclusive, and that everyone gets the chance to show how they have the skills and experience for the job.
Submit your application with confidence!
To help navigate the recruitment process, our How We Hire page offers lots of insight, guidance and advice about how to submit a great application.