My name is Mike Beddington and I am Head of Digital Services for the DVSA, including the MOT (a top 20 digital service on GDS), Vehicle Operating Licensing, and more recently, services related to COVID-19.
My role is to:
- design, build and run great digital services based on user needs.
- continuously deliver value by using agile techniques.
- build a high-performing inhouse team, with further delivery support from suppliers.
- manage the agency relationship with GDS.
- support the agency in becoming digitally enabled.
The thing I have most enjoyed is building the team, and especially the agile ways of working and collaboration of cross-functional teams across service ownership, service design, business analysis, software-test-platform engineering, digital delivery, data and cyber.
I feel proud to have a role in making Britain’s road safe.